In this video, Griffin walks us through on how to make slow drip cold brew on an Aeropress!
This process requires a bit of DIY to use with your Aeropress and produces a cold brew that is more acidic and clear than a regular, immersion method cold brew.
This method takes 1-3 hours instead of the 12+ hours that an immersion method cold brew would take, and the coffee is brewed with a bed of coffee and water sitting in the Aeropress with drops of cold water dripping onto it from the ice + water bottle portion that you will be making.
Comment below on what your thoughts on this method are and be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel
– Plastic Bottle
– Aeropress Filters
– Timbertrain Coffee
STEPS + RECIPE:
– Cut off bottom of water bottle to make hopper
– Poke hole in the centre of the lid
– Take out Aeropress plunger
– Pre-wet filter & put in place
– Add 38g of coffee once placed on scale
– Take another filter, cut down slightly so it can fit inside Aeropress (acts as s dispersion screen for even water distribution.)
– Dose 100g of Ice
– Tare – Add 400g of water (might not fit all at once, can come back and add more)
– Let water drip through slowly, may take 1-3 hours